Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The other side of Harlem

I've got these cute gloves.

Yea, that's them.  I bought them in Japan because my other gloves.
Yea, those, got holes in the fingers and aren't so much fun in the winter time.  If you've read the first post you know how much I like where I live up here in Spanish Harlem.  But, there are flip sides to being in a place like this and that is you have to maintain a street persona.  I'm not talking throwing colors or looking "hard" as you walk the streets, but you have to avoid the "please mug me" flags.  These gloves, are definitely one of those signals.  So, it sucks but I can't feel right wearing them up here until I'm safely downtown where people stop me and talk about how cute my gloves are.  

It's a small price to pay for unique and adorable gloviness.

-Idaho Bob-  

No comments:

Post a Comment