Saturday, October 25, 2008

Digital Me



Recognize me?  Well, this colorful set of squares is me, the digital representation of my computer and all it's contents.  The software to do this is supposed to (and it does) help you get a grasp of what is on your hard drive and I found gobs of stuff I never even knew I had (like a .VOB of a Japanese pink film).  But, more interesting to me is seeing myself as the sum of my files.  

Think for a second if you lost everything on your hard drive, just gone forever.  You'd be crushed, you'd feel a piece of you is gone forever, a link to the past, your attempt to archive yourself in a machine.  Well, if my computer goes I'll have this picture to see what I lost.  I'm going to keep making one once a month to see how I've changed.

-Idaho Bob-

No comments:

Post a Comment