Saturday, December 5, 2009

13 Lines

Launching a dramatic expansion of government support for one of the most promising but most contentious fields of biomedical research, the National Institutes of Health on Wednesday authorized the first 13 lines of cells under the administration's policy and was poised to approve 20 more Friday.

I'm not sure if you know, but stem cell research, if I had a calling towards lobbying, would be top of my list. Yes, the amount of sci-fi books I have read fill my mind with terrible scenarios of ever improving humans approaching an organic singularity, but then I see a paralyzed rat get back to walking in only 8 weeks and think of all the suffering that could be avoided by using this research. It is the future of health and I'm extremely excited to see the US finally getting behind it.
-Idaho Bob-

No comments:

Post a Comment