Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years Resolutions

So, what did you make as your last years resolutions?  Did you keep them?  I didn't.  
But this year is going to be different.... No, I'm a realist, nothing is going to change.  As much as I want to, stuff I don't like is going to persist in my life unless something crazy/dramatic/etc happens.  Really, it's true.  
I used to believe in the triumph of the human spirit, that you could do anything if you put your mind to it.  Well, I don't know what happened but I don't believe so anymore.  Maybe this had something to do with it.  Maybe this and the fact nothing happened after that post.  Certainly this has something to do with it.
Well, what will happen in 2009?  Nothing, probably nothing.  And that makes me sad.  I can feel that potential for change deep down inside, the want for it.  However, I know myself, and my tendency (as well as all nature) towards the path of least resistance.  So, if you have any advice I'm all ears but a kidnapping or tickets to a foreign land would do just as well.
-Idaho Bob-

1 comment:

  1. It will take more than a blog post to change your life, bobu.

    ReplyDelete